The summer months bring about weather patterns of thunderstorms, hail, high winds, and sometimes tornadoes. While these storms can be threatening when driving, there are steps you can take to ensure you and other’s safety on the road. Gray Transportation consists of over 125 trucks and 500 trailers providing on-time and safe deliveries of products. We take pride in our services and encourage you to contact us at 800-234-3930 for information on our delivery services.
Tips for staying safe in a storm:
- Pay attention to weather forecasts as you are traveling to be aware of any approaching storms. Tune into the radio and listen for danger. The more you know, the more you can prepare.
- If you are driving and hear a tornado warning or see a tornado, do not try to out run it. Tornadoes are unpredictable and can change direction quickly. You should seek shelter in the closest building. If unable to find shelter, lie down in a low ditch and beware of flooding that may occur.
- Keep substantial distance between your truck and the car in front of you while driving during heavy rainfall in case of a sudden stop.
- When in high winds, be aware of other cars around you, reduce speed, and correct steering. With a trailer attached, winds can be more problematic for trucks.
- If you ever approach a flooded area, turn around. It is not worth the risk to attempt to drive through. You can cause your truck unnecessary damage and risk getting stuck.
- Check your windshield wipers and tires frequently to ensure they are prepared for any storm.
Gray Transportation hopes you have a successful trip free from storms and danger. While we can’t control the weather, we can control our actions. Be smart and take steps to stay safe!